What is Red Mullet?
The real name of the fish, which is known as red mullet among the people, is red mullet fish. The fish, which is surrounded by easily shed scales, has two long whiskers on its lower jaw. The fins of the red mullet, which has no teeth on the lower jaw, are colorless or solid colored. Red mullet, which likes to live near the shore in warm waters, generally has a length of 17 to 20 cm. Its weight is generally between 50 and 75 grams. Red mullet is easier to clean than other fish.
In order to extract the red mullet, which makes the mouths of its lovers with its beautiful smell, the scales are removed first. Then it is thoroughly cleaned in water. Afterwards, you can easily pull the bones and proceed to the cooking stage. If you want, you can also clean the red mullet after frying it. Red mullet, which is usually grown in the Aegean and Mediterranean regions, is often confused with mullet. Red mullet, which attracts attention with its pink color, is also very useful. There are four varieties, namely rock kidney beans, sand kidney beans, grass kidney beans and pasha kidney beans.
How to Cook Red Mullet?
Red mullet is a fish that can be consumed by frying and baking. The tricks of these processes are to dry the fish thoroughly before frying. You can fry your red mullet, which you dip in cornmeal, in oil in a pan. If you are going to cook red mullet in the oven, olive oil and salt are placed on the fish, and for serving, a bay leaf is placed next to it.
What are the Benefits of Red Mullet?
- It is especially recommended for cancer patients to consume with the selenium it contains.
- It is rich in vitamins A, B and K.
- Red mullet is preferred as it is high in protein.
- Red mullet, which is a treatment for diabetes, is also effective for heart diseases.
- Omega 3 and phosphorus store red mullet supports eye health.
- It is also rich in minerals such as magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, copper, sodium and calcium.
- Red mullet is a healthy food that is included in many diets.
- Red mullet is a special food of critical importance for those who want to take care of their health.
- In addition to being good for cancer diseases, red mullet is also known as anti-cancer.
- Red mullet, which is literally a storehouse of vitamins and minerals, should be consumed in abundance by children in terms of mental and physical development.