What is Shrimp?
The shrimp, which has different species, is among the shellfish living in the relatively colder parts of the seas. These creatures, which live not only in fresh water but also in salt water, are mainly seen in Europe and North America. Known to have 2500 varieties, shrimp is very rich in potassium, selenium, protein and iodine and contains many benefits.
What Are the Benefits of Shrimp?
The main benefits of shrimp, which finds its place in different cuisines, are as follows;
- Because it contains selenium, it provides protection against many diseases.
- Shrimp, which contains calcium and vitamin D, helps keep teeth and bones healthy.
- It is an ideal food for those who want to eat in a healthy way because it is a protein store and at the same time low in calories.
- It has therapeutic properties against gum diseases.
- It increases the release of the leptin hormone in the body, thus accelerating the use of fat in the body. This is especially important in controlled weight loss.
- Increases concentration and memory.
- It is beneficial for cardiovascular health.
How Should Shrimp Be Consumed?
Shrimp that can be cooked and consumed in oil, pan or grill; It can optionally be cooked with or without a shell. Before cooking, attention should be paid to the cleaning stage and the intestines should be cleaned before cooking. If the shrimp is purchased frozen, cleaning it before it is completely thawed will make the process much easier and faster.