What is Cafe Latte?
Latte, which means “milk” in Italian, is often misused in coffee orders as “Can I have a latte.” The correct use of this expression is “Cafe Latte”. Cafe Latte, which is created by adding hot milk on top of 1 or 2 shots of espresso, is served garnished with white milk foam. Making various patterns with this milk foam is also a kind of art. Milk for the production of this type of coffee, which is preferred by those who want to sweeten their mouth rather than hard coffee lovers with its soft drinking, is specially steamed. With its aroma, unique consistency and taste, Cafe Latte is a type of coffee that is consumed by many people.
Making lattes at home is also a very simple and enjoyable activity. It is possible to create your own unique lattes with special latte powder, various syrups and milk. These ingredients, which make the latte have a foam consistency, you should definitely keep them in glass jars. It is important to store materials without exposure to heat and water in order to protect them. In addition, latte is a type of coffee that is often preferred in dessert making. Remember the latte flavor you encountered on cheesecake bases. Cafe lattes are used to wet cake bottoms after they are cooled. You can also use a latte instead of a creamy ornament by fully foaming it. The most special flavored syrups that can be mixed into the latte are chocolate syrup, fruit syrups and caramel syrup.
Cafe Latte Benefits
- With the antioxidants it contains, Cafe Latte has a protective feature against the risk of cancer.
- Thanks to its phytochemical content, Latte is good for colds. For this purpose, ginger or cardamom style spices can also be added to the latte to be consumed.
- Cafe latte is known to help relieve fatigue.
- Cafe Latte, which strengthens the defense system by increasing body immunity, can be consumed cold and hot.
- It has protective properties against diseases with the vitamins and minerals it contains.
- Cafe Latte has a cell-regenerating feature. However, due to the fact that it contains milk and espresso, 42.3 kcal is available in 100 grams of Cafe Latte. In terms of its low calorie, it is a type of coffee that you can drink during the diet. In addition, there are no fats and carbohydrates in the latte. Nevertheless, as with any food, latte consumption should not be overdone.
PLAIN LATTE RECIPE:
- A cup of milk
- A teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons filter coffee
- Half a cup of water
First, heat the milk at the desired temperature. Beat the milk and sugar with the mixer. Continue this whisking process until the milk and sugar are completely frothy. Pour the resulting sparkling milk into a glass.
In another cup mix coffee and half a cup of water so that the coffee dissolves well in the water. After these procedures, slowly add the coffee mixture to the sparkling milk. If desired, you can decorate your coffee by spraying caramel or chocolate sauce.