Today, I wanted to talk to you about cardiovascular diseases, which is the first cause of death in the world.
How should we be fed?
1. We said we should reduce fat. Our oil consumption should not exceed 30% of the total energy.
2. We should increase our fish consumption in terms of omega 3.
3. Increasing our consumption of vegetables and fruits has a positive effect on protecting our heart health, as it is rich in fiber.
4. Consuming lean portions of meat benefits us in terms of lowering our cholesterol. Cholesterol is only found in animal foods.
5. We should prefer our carbohydrate preference from whole grains, which are complex carbohydrates.
6. We should use solid fats in food in a controlled manner (such as butter, margarine, tail oil)
7. We should examine the labels of the products we buy and pay attention to the phrases such as oil-free, low-fat, and oil ratios.
8. Instead of frying, we should cook our meals in the oven, grilled or boiled.
There are so many points to be considered in this regard, of course, we should pay attention to the risk factors and be protected.
Age, smoking, family history, alcohol, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, low HDL cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, stress, lack of physical activity, menopause…