What is golden milk?
In fact, the name comes from this name because of its appearance and benefits. The color that turmeric, the main ingredient, gives to milk, is a vivid yellow – golden color. For this reason, it is referred to as golden milk. It is basically obtained from the meeting of milk and turmeric. Healthy fats such as black pepper, olive oil and coconut are added to bring out the beneficial substances in turmeric. To sweeten it, it is supported by materials such as cloves, honey and cinnamon. This resulting drink is known as a panacea.
Turmeric contains a substance known as curcumin. Curcumin is actually a pigment and gives turmeric its color. The chemical components in this pigment are good for many diseases, from reducing DNA damage to joint disorders. In order to become active, it needs an oil such as black pepper and olive oil. Let’s come to the benefits of this drink prepared under the leadership of turmeric.
How to make golden milk?
The production of golden milk is very practical. You need plenty of turmeric and milk. You can also get support from oils such as coconut oil and olive oil to make the substances in it more effective. Black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and honey will make the taste more delicious. If your materials are ready, let’s start making them.
Transfer the milk into a deep coffee pot or a tiny saucepan. To 1 cup of milk, add 1.5 teaspoons of powdered turmeric. After adding the turmeric to it, boil over low heat, stirring. If you are going to add root turmeric, add a very small piece by grating. After cooking, also strain.
Once it comes to a boil, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring on the stove. Then remove from heat. After removing from heat, you can add cinnamon, black pepper, cloves to it. Then you can consume it in a warm way, sweetening it with honey. Bon appetit in advance.
Benefits of golden milk
- Golden milk helps to regenerate cells thanks to the curcumin in it. It removes and cleanses free radicals from your body.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it helps you minimize the pain in your body. It acts as a natural painkiller.
- While cleansing the body, it also beautifies the skin, helps minimize the appearance of acne and pimples.
- It helps women to have less painful periods. It also supports the more regular secretion of hormones.
- It strengthens brain functions and helps your memory to be more robust.
- It helps strengthen the immune system. In particular, it reduces the risk of children catching epidemic diseases.
- It accelerates fat burning and creates a feeling of satiety. In this way, it helps to lose weight and supports weight control.
- It prevents fatty liver. It also supports the treatment of those who have fatty liver problems.
- It balances the level of insulin in the blood. In this way, it helps you feel less hungry and helps you sleep more comfortably.
- It helps to stop complaints such as cough and cold.
- It supports the solution of your stomach and intestinal problems such as restless intestine, gas, bloating, indigestion, constipation.
- Thanks to the painkiller, cell-regenerating components in it, it plays an important role in cancer treatment.